|Computer Science » Lego Engineering
Second graders now have the opportunity to work with Lego WeDo activity kits this year! They will be learning how engineers and computer programmers work as they build and redesign a lego model to optimize its work. They will learn about energy through this unit as well.
· See themselves as engineers and programmers who can use STEM skills in an integrated way to solve real world projects.
· Think creatively to make a working model
· Develop vocabulary and communication skills to explain how the model works
· Establish links between cause and effect
· Reflect on how to find answers and imagine new possibilities
· Brainstorm ideas and endeavor to bring some of them to fruition
· Make fair tests by changing one factor and observing and measuring the effect
· Make systematic observations and measurements
· Display and communicate data using tables
· Follow 2D drawings to build 3D models
· Think logically and create a program to produce a specific behavior
· Write or present projects using models for visual and dramatic effects